To assist you in downloading your DVLA driving record, we have created the below instructions.Before you start
You will need to follow the information in order to complete this process:
- Driving licence number (section 5 on the front of your driving licence photo card)
- National insurance number (frequently found on payslips, HMRC documents)
- Postcode found on the driving licence photo card
1. To start please visit the link to the DVLA website: https://www.viewdrivingrecord.service.gov.uk/driving-record/licence-number
2. Enter the required information.
3. You must tick to acknowledge that you and/or any named driver are happy for this service to be used.
4. Please select ‘View Now’
5. You will then be presented with 4 tabs, containing headings of:
- Your Details
- Vehicles You Can Drive
- Penalties And Disqualifications
- Share your licence information
6. Generate a temporary code online by selecting the 4th tab which says "Share your licence information”
and select the "Get a code”. Please note this code is case sensitive, only valid for use once and expires after 21 days.
7. You now have 3 options:
- Email the code to us as along with your own and/or named driver, driving licence number, or
- Telephone us on 0345 646 5050 with your own and/or named driver driving licence number, or
- Select ‘print or save a driving summary’. This will open a new window containing your DVLA driving record. You will then need to save it prior to sending to us.
You can send copies of the documents required or the code using either of the following methods:
By Email: CarInsurance@collingwood.co.uk
By Post: Collingwood Over 50’s Insurance, Collingwood House, Earl Grey Way, North Shields, NE29 6AR