Collingwood Plus

Who is the insurance provider?

Your insurance is with Collingwood Insurance Company Limited.

How old do you need to be to take out insurance?

You must be aged between 25-70 years old.

Are there any driving convictions you won’t insure?

We currently cover most motoring convictions, but some restrictions, additional rules and criteria apply. please contact us 0345 470 0010 to check if you are eligible.

I have a driving ban, will you insure me?

Yes, providing your ban has expired and your licence has been reissued by DVLA. Additional criteria will apply, please contact us on 0345 470 0010 to discuss further.

Can I insure with you while I have a prosecution pending?

No, we can only provide a quotation once you have your conviction code.

Can I add additional drivers to the policy?

Yes, you can up to 2 additional driver(s) subject to underwriting criteria.

Do I have to wait until I get my licence back before I take out a policy?

If your ban was after June 2013 you must wait until your new licence has been issued by the DVLA before you can take out a policy. If your Ban was before June 2013, once you have applied for your licence, you can apply for a quotation. If you have had to re-sit your test within the last 12 months you will not be eligible for this insurance.

Can I drive any vehicle?

No, this policy will only cover the vehicle on your insurance certificate.

Am I covered to drive abroad?

You must notify us if you are planning to take your car abroad as restrictions will apply. Please contact us on 0345 470 0010.

What levels of cover do you provide?

Cover is available on Comprehensive, Third party fire and theft or Third party only basis.

What excesses apply?

Please refer to your insurance schedule for your compulsory excess. The own damage excess is increased by £250 if repair work is not undertaken by our Approved Repairer and separately by £250 where incidents are not reported within 24 hours of their occurrence. The windscreen replacement excess above is increased by £100 in respect of replacement work not undertaken by our Approved Repairer and is limited to £225.

How do I get my insurance documents?

Your documents can be accessed by logging on to your online account at using the username and password sent to you. If you need assistance, please contact us on 0345 470 0010.

What documents do I need to provide?

You must provide your Driving Licence Number within the first 28 days of the policy . If upon request you are asked to provide a copy of your Full UK Driving Licence Photocard, you must provide this within the timescales given.

This also applies to any named drivers. If you have disclosed any No Claims Bonus we will attempt to validate this electronically. If we are unable to do so we will contact you within 7 days. You will then need to provide a copy of your entitlement within the timescale stated. Please send any requested documents by email to

How do I send you a copy of my Driving Record?

Please select and follow the link below for full instructions on how to share your driving licence information.
alternatively, you can call the DVLA on 0300 083 0013 who will be able to supply a code that you can share with us to allow us to access your information.

Please note this code is case sensitive and must be supplied in the correct format and is only valid for 21 days.

Please send your check code or driving record to

What do I do if I have an accident?

We must be notified of every accident or incident regardless of fault by contacting Collingwood Claims on 0345 370 0008. To qualify for reduced excess you must report the incident within 24 hours and use our approved repairer network.

Can I insure a car I don’t own?

Yes, you can insure a car owned by a Spouse, Partner or Parent providing there is no other insurance policy on the car. Please contact us to discuss further on 0345 470 0010.

Can I insure a lease car?

Yes, provided that the lease is in your name and not used for business purposes.

Can I make changes to my policy?

Yes you can change the details on your policy. Please contact us on 0345 470 0010. Please note you cannot increase the level of cover (for example you can’t increase from TPO to TPFT or Comprehensive) during the policy year unless a change of vehicle is also taking place.

Can I use my car for business use?

No, the policy only covers the use of the car for Social, Domestic, Pleasure and commuting to a permanent place of work.

Can I insure a car/van that has been written off?

In order for us to confirm if this is acceptable, please contact us on 0345 470 0010.

Can I modify my car?

Please contact us on 0345 470 0010 and we can confirm if the modification is acceptable.

Can I cancel my policy?

Yes you can cancel your policy at any time. If you cancel before the policy has started you will receive a full refund. You have a 14 day cooling off period, if you change your mind you will receive a pro rata refund deducting the charges for time on cover and your non-refundable intermediary fees.

After the cooling off period, you will receive a pro rata refund deducting the charges for time on cover, your non-refundable intermediary fees and a cancellation charge.

The non-refundable intermediary fees and cancellation charges are outlined in the terms of business agreement.

How can I pay for my policy?

You can either pay for your insurance in full in one payment by credit or debit card or spread the cost with a deposit plus 9 monthly instalments by Direct Debit, please note a charge for credit will apply and you must be 18 years or over.

Does my policy include windscreen cover?

If you have a Comprehensive level of cover front windscreen repairs are free of charge, providing you use our approved repairer. If you use an alternative repairer, cover is limited to £225.

In respect of front windscreen replacements, a £100 excess applies, however, if you do not choose to use our approved windscreen repairer the excess will be increased from £100 to £200. Please note there is no cover for any other glass.

Can I insure more than one vehicle?

Yes, but you would require another policy.

I need to get my vehicle out of the compound, what do I need to do?

You will need to contact us on 0345 470 0010.

My Licence was issued in Northern Ireland, can I have a policy with you?

Unfortunately due to differences in licensing rules, we are unable to provide insurance for you. You may however choose to swap your licence for a UK issued driving licence. This may allow us to provide insurance. (Subject to underwriting criteria)

What are your opening hours?

We are open Monday – Friday, 9 am – 7 pm and Saturday 9 am – 1 pm.

Who do I contact if I have any further questions?

You can contact us by calling 0345 470 0010 or email

Can I protect my No Claims Discount?

Yes subject to eligibility and underwriting criteria. This is provided free of charge.