Website Collingwood Business Solutions Ltd.
The Developer will join an expanding IT team within Collingwood Business Solutions Ltd (CBSL) that works largely in .net.
Ideally from a background within an insurance company, bank or financial services sector, you will have had experience of working on multiple projects at a time and be able to manage the expectations of the Head of IT, business management team and Directors.
You will use appropriate methods and tools to analyse, develop, modify and test system changes which have been specified by the business.
Using your experience as a developer you will be able to evaluate new technologies and identify potential system improvement. You will also be highly competent in Microsoft SQL and C#.
You will take ownership of the software you develop and provide end user support accordingly through direct interaction with the user, Business Analysts and the IT Helpdesk Support team.
Strong organisational and communication skills are vital in this role as are being able to work to deadlines in a fast-paced company which works hard as a collective to achieve its goals.
Problem solving skills are essential to this role, as is the ability to work individually and within a collaborative team environment in order to achieve project and task objectives.
- Interpretation of business/system requirements
- Analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of programs/websites
- Maintenance of existing internal and external systems/websites (IT helpdesk tickets)
- Identification and correction of programming defects
- Creation and maintenance of our internal wiki documentation
You will report directly to the Lead IT Developer within the IT department
You will have a strong background within Information Technology which will be demonstrated through a history of project delivery using varying programming methods. Preferably experience of developing and releasing websites and internal desktop applications.
The role has an emphasis on providing user interfaces and websites, as well as support to the business meaning that the successful candidate will be accustomed to this type of working practice and dealing with a variety of work.
A strong background of database development and integration with your applications.
Educated to degree standard or similar certifications within Computer Science / IT or relevant programming certifications.
You will have experience of implementing numerous IT software solutions to achieve business requirements/objectives.
The ideal and successful candidate will have experience of working with the following:
- Microsoft SQL Server (programming/querying) – essential
- C#.NET – essential
- ASP.NET MVC – essential
- HTML / CSS / JQuery / XML / JSON – essential
- Razor / Bootstrap / Linq (desirable)
- SOAP / WCF web services (desirable)
- WebAPI (desirable)
- Entity Framework (desirable)
- TFS Source Code knowledge (desirable)
- Agile project methodology and working approaches/SCRUM/Sprints etc. (desirable)
Salary / Benefits Package
Depending on experience
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.