Learner Driver Insurance FAQ's

Learner Driver Insurance Terms & Conditions FAQ's

What is Comprehensive cover?

Comprehensive (COMP) cover provides the most complete insurance cover you can get for you and your car. So, if you have an accident, you and your car are insured even if the accident was your fault.

What is Third party, Fire and Theft cover?

Third-party, fire and theft (TPFT) cover is one of the three levels of car insurance you can buy. If you're involved in a car accident and it's found to be your fault, TPFT insurance will cover any damage you caused to the other person and their property. This will also cover you for theft of the vehicle and fire damage.

What is Third party only cover?

Third party only (TPO), covers any damage to other cars in the event of a fault accident but does not cover your own vehicle. This means that issues with your own vehicle following a crash will need to be paid for by you.

How much cover does Legal Expenses cover provide?

Should you be involved in a non-fault accident, the policy includes a Claims Management Service free of charge provided by Winn Solicitors Ltd giving you up to £50,000 legal costs. A success fee may apply.

What is a modification?

A car modification is a change made to a vehicle so that it differs from the manufacturers’ original factory specification. Any modification that changes the look of and performance of any vehicle has to be assessed by your insurer. Engine changes, sports seats, body kits, a spoiler etc.

Do I have driving other cars extension?

Unfortunately not. Our Collingwood Learner Driver policies does not allow you to drive other cars, which is generally known as “driving other cars extension” regardless of the level of cover you select

My licence was issued in Northern Ireland – can I have a policy?

Unfortunately, due to differences in licensing rules, we are unable to provide insurance for you. You may, however, choose to swap your licence for a driving licence issued in the UK. This may allow us to provide insurance (subject to underwriting criteria).