We are looking for motivated, customer-centric people who are passionate about providing excellent service.
Why Work For Us?
Investor In People
IT Helpdesk Support Technician – I.T. Department
The successful candidate will join an expanding I.T. Team within Collingwood Business Solutions Ltd (CBSL). They will work in supporting an insurance broker network of system users which will not only be system related issues but also insurance product queries as well as supporting all users at the local site (circa 200) and associated server infrastructure.
Ideally from a background within IT Helpdesk Support. You will have a good level of IT literacy. You will have experience of dealing with clients (both internal and external) face to face, over the telephone and in email dialogue. Strong communication skills are essential in what can be a busy environment dominated mostly by incoming calls and helpdesk emails.
You will use appropriate established business processes and methods to decipher issues and solve them or highlight them to a senior member of your team.
Full training will be given on the broker systems that you will support in this role as well as the insurance product(s). In this role, you have the opportunity to branch out into further support of internal systems within Collingwood as well as other external clients. You will get to know the network infrastructure and a strong candidate will become involved in numerous tasks to help the IT Technicians roll out changes and fixes to the hardware and network at Collingwood.
Strong organisational skills are vital in this role as quick turnaround is essential in order to effectively deal with client issues in an acceptable timescale. Confidence is also a key attribute as well as acting in a professional manner at all times.Main
• 1st/2nd line support contact for external and internal clients
• Identifying faults and solutions
• Working with external third parties who support Collingwood where applicable
• Ensuring the availability of systems and hardware for all our clients
• Some involvement in IT Infrastructure projects
• Technical support/guidance for internal Windows desktop users
- You will report to the Senior IT Technician.
- Experience/Skills Required:
The ideal candidate will have experience of working some or all of the following:
- Microsoft Office; including Word, Excel, Outlook Email
- Some experience of setting up a PC with Windows operating system and connecting to the network
- Experience of IT networking functionality such as active directory, printers/PC’s, TCP/IP, general understanding of typical network topology
- Exposure to virtualisation such as virtual servers and storage (VMWare)
- Some knowledge of standard back-up procedures (disk/tape)
- Knowledge of telephony solutions utilising IP connectivity such as VOIP / setting up users with a telephone handset
- IT NVQ or equivalent
- On the job experience of IT Helpdesk Support
- Salary / Benefits Package – Depending on experience
Work for Collingwood
If you are interested in applying for any of our vacancies please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org