A guide to taking out insurance with New Driver
Decided you want to go ahead with our policy?
Buying car insurance with New Driver is very straightforward. Once you pass your test and cancel your Collingwood Learner Driver Insurance, you will be introduced to one of our agents who will check if you are eligible for the New Driver policy.
Getting an accurate car insurance quote
Make sure you give full, accurate and honest answers to all our questions so we can provide you with an accurate quote. Some info you’ll need to have handy:
- The registration or the make and model of the car you want to insure
- Double check whether it’s been modified inside or outside in any way
- How many miles per year you think/know you’ll be driving
- Where the car will usually be kept overnight
- Confirmation that you’ll be the main driver of the car
- Whether you’re a student or you work, in which case we’ll need to know what your job is
- Any named driver details such as DOB, date they passed their test and any penalty points they may have
What docs do you need to provide New Driver with?
Once you’ve bought your policy, you’ll need to send us the following documents so we can validate your information:
- A photo of your pass certificate or if you prefer, a photo of the front of your full driving licence card or a check code for your online driving licence summary (find out how).
- Proof of any no claims discount (NCD) you might have built up
If your NCD is from a Collingwood Learner policy, don’t worry, we will get the document from them and only contact you if anything does not match what you have told us when you take the policy out.
How you can send this stuff to us
Send a screenshot, PDF, or photo to us by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org